Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm sorry but...


...Ryan Phillipe, we need to talk. Ok, so I like totally loved you when I was in middle school when all the "I know What You Did Last Summer"s were the in thing to watch on a Friday night with 18 of your "closest" friends. I even liked you so much that I watched "Antitrust". I mean... that's love.

But let's be honest.

The last (kind of) legitimate movie you did was "Stop-Loss" in 2008. 2008!!! Ok, so I know two years is not that big of a deal in life, per say, but in Hollywood that's a long ass time. What I'm trying to say here, Mr. Phillipe, is that you've done some pretty sweet movies (Cruel Intentions, Crash, Gosford Park, Crash, Flags of Our Fathers, CRASH!) and you've been out of the game for a while. I get that and that's totes fine.

But why why why why WHY did you make your "comeback" movie "MacGruber"? Don't get me wrong, I am all about some SNL skits turned into movies that are basically just really long SNL skits. That's kind of my thing even. But I was so confused when I saw you pop up in the trailer. In the words of Elizabeth Kirkland, "Is thaaat a joke?"

Look, all I'm asking, sweetie- you don't mind if I call you sweetie right? All I'm asking is that you are very careful with your career. You don't want people to say things like, "Remember when Ryan Phillipe was relevant?" You don't want to end up like Freddy Prinze Jr. do you? Actually you probably would. He's actually still married to his co-star. Ouch, I'm sorry I know that was harsh but I feel like I can be real with you.

Please don't drop the ball, Ryan. But if you do, make sure your ass is in my direction when you bend over to pick it up.

No comments: